Friday, January 11, 2008

Kid-nap Day

It's been awhile, but I'm back. Better than ever? Ya you could say so... My laptop broke, but I'm getting a new one at tax time so no worries. Christmas was great, lots of box-sets!! Mia got me a $50 gift card to Halcyon (yarn mecca).....
Today was my "kid-nap" day. What is a kid-nap day, you night be asking yourself. Well let me tell you....... Kid-nap day is when my two best friends (Amy and Des) planed a yarn crawl up the southern coast of Maine! The purpose of a kid-nap day and not an outing? This was so I can get the other yarn I need for MY WEDDING!!!!!
We started with Grace Robinson Co. in Freeport. A little gem of a place, that I will definitely be stopping at again. Our next stop was Purl Diva's. Let me tell you, Miss Purl Diva is a really cool lady, who knew about as much about knitting and yarn as she is nice (which is A LOT!) Her store was rich with great yarns, a warm and cozy atmosphere, and a very sweet dog. I got the Rebecca #32 issue and a really sweet Ravelry pin (Where my stitches at?). Also a new ravelry friend!
From there we made a stop at The Knitting Experience Cafe. This is where I found the yarn for Briana's wedding sweater. (modified stardust from knitty) Cascade Sierra that is in the prettiest soft amethyst purple. This is the color that I have been waiting to jump out at me (she will look so sweet!) This knitting stop was equally as great, in a different way (if that makes any since). It was bright and cool, great couch too. The girl behind the counter... another new ravelry friend!! I also bought a green tea biscotti for Mia (green tea freak). And they had the recycled fish food Lantern Moon bags, oh I want one!
From there, lunch!! Wild Oats.... turkey BLT on tomato herb bread...yum yum yum... also a really yummy pumpkin cream cheese roll.
Then HALCYON!!!!! Well well well where should I start? Two skeins of white gemstone 100% silk. For my wedding shrug! The sublime book 600, the Knit Closely calender, a Lantern Moon post-it holder, and a button for Mia's sweater!! The funny thing is when I payed I had my Celtic tote made with Brown Sheeps Pride in Kiwi, so the funny thing is the lady behind the counter was pricing a counter full of... Brown Sheeps Pride in Kiwi....... just funny to me I think.
What a great Day!!!!

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Oh...red on black is so hard to read...

Anonymous said...

I am glad great submitting! I seriously relished reading through the application, tonsil stone you can be a very good author.I may make sure to take a note of your blog site Satellite direct review all of which will often go back in the future. I want to recommend you'll keep on your current wonderful articles, have a very good excellent trip penis advantage day!